Senversa, an Australian owned professional services firm specialising in environmental consultancy and audit services is currently seeking additional GIS support (Graduate or <4 years’ experience) to assist their growing contaminated land service operations. The role will involve significant interaction with over 100 contaminated land, geosciences and engineering professionals to create high-quality figures for report deliverables (figures, exceedances, cross-sections, conceptual site models, creating and maintain geodatabases, etc), using ArcGIS and other related programs.
- Providing support on internal environmental, geotechnical and engineering projects.
- Assisting with database management and maintenance.
- Assisting with implementing technologies related to spatial data collection and management and providing support for on-site monitoring, fieldworks, web maps, apps and dashboards.
- Consultation with staff locally and in other offices to meet project requirements.
- Spatial analysis of data to help with decision making.
- Creating high quality geospatial deliverables for internal and external clients.
- 0-4 years’ experience in GIS, someone who possesses a tertiary education in Geographic Information Systems or equivalent. Prior experience in the contaminated land and/or engineering Industries would be advantageous.
- Experience with ESRI ArcGIS suite of software (ArcGIS, ArcGIS Pro, ArcGIS online, Dashboards, Collector).
- Programming skills (Python, Arcade, R) Autodesk branded software (Civil 3D and AutoCAD) and knowledge of QGIS would be advantageous .
- Strong data processing and management skills.
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
We are seeking candidates with:
- Ability to work flexibility within a small team
- Ability to consult with staff locally and interstate to meet project requirements
- Strong communication and email skills
- Innovation and curiosity
- A self motivated, problem solver with an attention to detail
- Ability to visualise how something should look before putting it together.
The role may also involve some fieldwork (drilling supervision, soil sampling, groundwater sampling) to allow staff to understand the nature of our work.